Standardized emergency line and colour codes now in effect!
As you may know, two major Lower Mainland standardization projects are now implemented across Vancouver Coastal Health. These projects are:
- Updated and standardized colour code procedures
- Establishment of a standard internal phone number (7111) for staff and physicians at acute sites to report an emergency or activate a code (referred to as emergency line)
- At this time, the following Vancouver Coastal Health acute sites/campuses will not be switching over to 7111: Bella Coola General Hospital, Pemberton Health Care Centre, Powell River General Hospital, R.W. Large Memorial Hospital, Sechelt Hospital, G.F. Strong Rehabilitation Centre, and UBC Hospital.
HEMBC emergency management coordinators are working in their respective portfolios to implement these projects and will be relying on your support and collaboration.
Starting today, we ask that you do the following
- Review the updated and standardized Emergency Response and Code Manual (orange binder)
- Obtain your new Colour Codes card and check for the Code Quick Reference Guide poster and the 7111 Emergency Line poster (for sites that switched to the new standardized emergency line) in your unit/department
- Visit the Health Emergency Management intranet page on VCH Connect
- Register for an online learning module on CCRS (Code Red, Code Green and Code Yellow available)
For more information please visit the Health Emergency Management intranet page, or contact your HEMBC emergency management representative.
Area of Responsibility
Emergency Management Coordinator
|Vancouver – Acute Services||Sean Vaislerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Coastal – Acute Services||Evan Lloydemail@example.com|
|Richmond – Acute Services||Maddy Laberge||Madeline.Laberge@vch.ca|
|Coastal – Community Services and Providence Health Care – Residential||Christine Rempelfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Vancouver Community and Richmond Community Services||Scott Blessin (Interim)||email@example.com|
|Providence Health Care – Acute Services||Sean McCunefirstname.lastname@example.org|