REMINDER: Find out how to get emails, texts, and calls for short notice relief shifts
Automated shift call-out (ASC) is coming to VCH! Instead of making manual phone calls to offer short notice relief shifts to staff, this process will be automated through ASC. We need staff to set their contact preferences, and choose whether they’d like to be contacted by text, email, phone, or a combination!
Does this apply to me?
If Workforce Scheduling Services currently calls you for short notice relief shifts (from any of our staffing office locations), ASC will be used to contact you for shifts. If you are currently contacted directly by your unit or department, that will continue.
ASC will not be used for:
- Bella Coola Hospital
- Lower Mainland Medical Imaging Nurses Bargaining Association (BCNU) or Health Services Professional Bargaining Association (HSA/Allied) staff
How to set up your ASC contact preferencesAll you need is a few minutes, your Health Authority network/webmail username and password, and a computer or smartphone with an internet connection.
- Ensure you know your Health Authority network/webmail username and password.
- Use your Health Authority network/webmail account and password to login to the ASC Employee Portal.
- Enter your contact preferences.
The chance to win a prize!
Set up your contact preferences by Friday, July 14th and you could win some of our great prizes.
You could win one of:
- Four LG 4K Pay as You Go Smartphones
- Two $50 restaurant gift certificates
- Ten $15 coffee cards
- Gift basket for the department with the highest percent of registrants
Have questions about ASC?
- Drop in for a 15 minute information session. The schedule for info sessions is available on the ASC page on the VCH website. There will be info sessions at VGH, UBC, RH, LGH, PRH, Sechelt Hospital, and Squamish Hilltop House.
- Need assistance setting up your contact preferences? Our ASC Representatives will be at many sites and available to help. The schedule is available on the ASC page on the VCH website.
- Watch videos to see how ASC works on the ASC page on the VCH website.
- Email questions regarding ASC to WorkforceSchedulingInquiries@vch.ca
- Read the answers to FAQ on the ASC page on the VCH website.
Tags: Information Management