Building capacity for patient engagement
This two-day workshop (16 hours total) will enable policy, program and project managers, community leaders, elected officials and consultants to fully engage small groups in order to facilitate collaborative decision-making.
This workshop is ideal for people who lead teams or projects where diverse groups need to think, plan and act together. It will equip you to create inclusive decision frameworks, learn techniques for engaging participants, and develop the skills necessary to use these techniques effectively.
The workshop is divided into five action packed modules:
- Pre-Workshop Webinar: Planning Basics
- Module One: The Basics – What Is Facilitation and How Does It Work?
- Module Two: Creating the Environment for Collaboration
- Module Three: Tools + Techniques for Collaborative Decision-Making
- Module Four: Managing Emotions to Keep the Group Moving forward
- Module Five: Managing Engagement Projects Effectively
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Apply the basics of group processes, including communication and conflict, to facilitation design, planning and implementation
- Develop an opening statement that creates professional credibility, builds confidence and sets a high energy level
- Create a climate of openness and trust, by establishing rapport, maintaining operating principles, engaging participants and managing the process
- Create a productive space, by understanding the practical and logistical considerations of successful facilitation
- Use the Facilitator’s Toolkit of tips, tools and techniques to help teams meet their goals and objectives
- Apply a variety of collaborative decision-making models, techniques and tools to best suit a group’s needs
- Develop a personal facilitator’s action plan and personal facilitation style
- Deal with difficult situations, using the R.E.A.D. approach
- Adopt strategies and tactics to manage high emotions with compassion
- Managing your engagement in harmony with the decision process
|Target Audience||Who should take this workshop?
|Course Length||16 hours|
Go to the LearningHUB website, and search for the workshop using course code 15929.Go to the LearningHUB website
Tags: Health Human Resources