Health Information Management transitions to a new team site
Health Information Management (HIM) is a consolidated service for Fraser Health, Providence Health Care, Provincial Health Services Authority and Vancouver Coastal Health. We are pleased to announce that the new internal team site for Health Information Management is now live.
Visit the new HIM team site at: http://our.healthbc.org/sites/HIMservices
Who is impacted?
All dictating authors (physicians, nurse practitioners, allied health professionals); researchers, any hospital staff wanting to access “Release of Information” forms, or other training resources related to Coding and Informatics Services, and Registration and Records Management.
How will the new HIM internal team site affect staff?
- Changing links:If you currently have links to pages on HIM’s previous team site (http://teamsites.phsa.ca/sites/HIMservices/default.aspx) from your team site or Health Authority site, please update your links. Search the new site to find the new link you’ll need to set; if you can’t find the new location for your information, please reach out to HIM Communications via email, and provide them with the old HIM page that you had linked to. (Please note: links to the old HIM internal site will be broken as of December 20, 2017.)
- Accessing the new HIM team site: All staff will have access to PHSA’s new POD, best viewed with Google Chrome or Internet Explorer.
- Team site upgraded to SharePoint 2013
- Improved look and feel for the site
- Better compatibility with Google Chrome and Microsoft Explorer
- An improved search tool that makes finding content more accurate and faster than before.
If you notice anything that is not working, or is missing from the new HIM team site, please send any feedback to: HIMcommunications@providencehealthcare.bc.ca.