Mark your calendar: Wear pink on February 28!
February 28 is Pink Shirt Day!
Pink Shirt Day is a great reminder for all of us that showing respect to others is a key part of VCH culture.
“We encourage staff and physicians to wear pink on February 28 to show their support for ‘Respect Every Day.’ We are also pleased to remind everyone that Employee Engagement offers conflict resolution services. If you are experiencing any type of disrespectful behaviour or conflict within the workplace, a Human Resource Advisor is available to help resolve the issue,” said Wayne Balshin, Executive Director of Employee Relations.
Pink Shirt Day celebrations
All staff are invited to drop by our pink tables where Employee Engagement staff will be distributing pink treats and ‘Respect Everyday’ pens to staff. Let’s celebrate how far we have come together in taking a stand against bullying at VCH!
- Lions Gate Hospital: Feb. 28, 8 – 11 am (beside cafeteria)
- VGH: Feb. 28, 8 – 11 am (JPP – main hallway across from Gift Shop)
- Richmond Hospital, Feb 28, 8 – 11 am (main lobby)
*Individual units may also organize their own Pink Shirt Day recognition events.
Report disrespectful behaviour
Since VCH launched the Respectful Workplace Program on Pink Shirt Day in February 2014, more than 2000 VCH staff and physician have contacted the confidential support line or their Human Resources Advisor for information and assistance to resolve their respectful workplace issues.
- Please continue to report bullying and conflict when you see it by calling 1-844-662-8559 or contact your manager/supervisor/HR Advisor.
- Watch for tips to deal with conflict in the workplace and supports available to assist you in next week’s VCH news.
- Remember to wear pink on Wednesday, February 28 to show your support for a respectful workplace!