Thinking of past awards ceremonies #TBT: Who will we celebrate in 2018?
On Throwback Thursday, we’re reminiscing about the People First Awards ceremonies in 2017, 2016 and 2015 where we celebrated our inspirational colleagues, leaders and volunteers. Who are we going to celebrate in 2018?
Send in your nomination(s) by Friday, April 13, 2018 to recognize someone in the following categories:
- Excellence in Person-Centred Care
- Excellence in Teamwork and Collaboration (team award*)
- Excellence Everyday – The Unsung Hero (clinical)
- Excellence Everyday – The Unsung Hero (non-clinical)
- Excellence in Innovation
- Excellence in Leadership
- Excellence in Volunteering (individual or team* award)
*For logistical reasons, teams must be made up of fewer than 30 people. We know many people contribute to a program or project’s success but the intention of this award is to recognize the core team.
How do I nominate someone? Three easy steps!
The People First section on VCH Connect (internal link) has everything you need to know. Anyone working at VCH or PHC can submit a nomination following these easy steps:
- Take a look at the award categories and criteria. Decide on the category that best suits your nominee: they must meet one or more of the listed criteria.
- Review the questions that are part of the online nomination form and prepare your answers in advance. The key to a winning entry will be in the examples you provide that clearly show how they meet one or more of the listed criteria. Examples should be within the past year.
- Complete the online nomination form or mail in a hard copy. Hard copies must be received by the deadline.
What is the deadline?
Nominations must be received by midnight on Friday, April 13, 2018.
The awards are open to staff, physicians, on-site contracted support services staff or volunteers working at Vancouver Coastal Health or Providence Health Care. These awards are not intended to recognize research or teaching accomplishments.