Join a working group to shape attendance and wellness approaches
Do you want to help design effective strategies and approaches for wellness and attendance at VCH? This is your chance to get involved and make a difference.
Based on staff feedback and the working group’s recommendations, our next steps are to:
- Close the Attendance & Wellness Promotion (AWP) program and replace it with a set of clear and transparent attendance management guidelines.*
- Establish working groups with frontline staff and managers to develop and implement new ideas in support of the four themes that emerged through feedback (see below).
*Sick time will continue to be accrued, tracked and managed on an individual basis until the new attendance management guidelines are rolled out within the next three to six months. If you have any questions, please have a conversation with your manager.
Join a working group by April 20
We already have 40 staff and leaders signed up, but there is still an opportunity to join one of the following working groups:
- Attendance Management Working Group: To develop a new, individualized approach that involves the manager as the point person (not HR), with attendance management guidelines and transparent criteria.
- Manager Support Working Group: To develop new training, coaching, mentoring, supports and referrals for managers to be able to separately and more effectively help employees.
- Employee Health and Well-being Working Group: To develop more effective ways for employees to get the right support for their health and well-being by the right person, at the right time.
- Wellness Program Working Group: To develop a VCH wellness program, wellness promotion and preventive wellness strategies.
If you are interested in joining one of the working groups, please contact Eliza.firstname.lastname@example.org by April 20, 2018.
We will keep you informed by communicating any new guidelines, processes, programs and supports as a result of these working groups. Watch VCH News for updates.