Did you forget your network password over Easter?
Did you return to work after the spring break/Easter vacation to an expired or forgotten network password? Did you call the Service Desk to have it reset? You’ll be happy to know that waiting in the queue to reset your password is a thing of the past thanks to the self-service password reset tool.
Benefits of the self-service password reset tool
With the self-service password reset tool, you can skip the Service Desk and reset your network password quickly and easily on your own. You can also retrieve a password or username that you’ve forgotten.
Considering that your network password will expire four times each year (every 90 days) and is the gateway to your email, network drives, and internal intranet sites, completing this one-time registration as soon as possible is strongly encouraged and well worth it.
How to register for the tool
Like other device-based password reset tools used by banks and reputable online retailers, you must first register before you can use the tool. This step enables us to validate who you are when you use it.
What you need to register
- Computer that is on the VCH network
- Your VCH network log-in and password
- Mobile phone that accepts text messages
- A few minutes
Steps to register for the tool
- Using a computer that is on the VCH network, go to the Health BC password website.
- Select “I would like to register or update my recovery settings”
- Fill out the information requested by the form including your VCH network log-in and password, and the phone number for your mobile phone.
Using the self-service password reset tool
Now you’ve registered for the password reset tool! Using your mobile phone and your VCH computer, you can use the Health BC password website if you have:
- Forgotten your password
- Need to change your password
- Forgotten your username
For more information
Please visit the IMITS InfoCentre(internal link).