Coastal 2017 Nursing Week Grants – Congratulations to all recipients!
Every year, all nurses across the Coastal Community of Care who meet the grant criteria, are eligible to receive a grant from the Jack/Mackenzie Grant through the LGH Foundation to help them further their nursing education.
This year, there were six recipients of the 2017 Nursing Week Grants, each of whom received a cheque for $500 last week.
In attendance at the cheque presentation on Friday in the Foundation boardroom were two of the six grant recipients, LGH Foundation President Judy Savage, who presented the cheques, Coastal COO Karin Olson, Co-Senior Medical Director Dr. Ross Brown, Lorraine Blackburn, Regional Director for Professional Practice Clinical Informatics and Standardization, and VCH and Foundation staff.
The successful recipients are:
- Courtney Devane – North Shore Mental Health and Addiction ServiAll Postsces – pursuing studies in the Doctorate Program at UBC.
- Ruth Farnan – LGH ER-pursuing studies – Master’s of Science in Nursing at UBC.
- Arlene Jugado – EGH 3 South-studies for a Bachelor of Science in Nursing at Athabasca University.
- Heather Everson – North Shore Public Health (Maternal)- studies for Master’s in Health Administration at UBC.
- Lydia Padre – Evergreen House-Float-studies of becoming a Graduate Nurse (GNIE) at Kwantlen Polytechnic University.
- Meghan Cornish – Bella Coola Home and Community Care-studies in Baccalaureate Nursing Program at the Colledge of New Caledonia.
Grant applications become available each February from nursing managers, PCCs and practice leads.
Tags: Health Human Resources