Immunization: Fact vs Fiction (Next All-Staff Forum)
Q: Vaccines are no longer important since many vaccine preventable illnesses are rare here in Canada. True or False?
Join us at the next All-Staff Forum on September 13 from 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. to find out the answer to this and other questions.
We will discuss the what and why of immunization– from mumps to polio to flu. What you need to know for your own protection (and that of your family), as well as your patients/clients. We will explore some vaccine preventable diseases that have disappeared, why others are making a comeback, your questions about immunization (or questions your patients may have), and discuss whether we’ve become complacent when it comes to immunizations.
When and Where
Wednesday, September 13, 2017 (2:00 – 3:00 pm) at the following locations:
- Forum location: VGH Paetzold Auditorium
- Webcast options: including six hosted satellite sites (visit CCRS for all options)
Keynote: Dr. Reka Gustafson, Medical Health Officer & Medical Director of VCH CDC
- Dr. Meena Dawar-Medical Health Officer, Richmond & Medical Director of Immunization Programs VCH
- Dr. Chad Kim Sing-Head, Dept of Emergency Medicine & Medical Director of Emergency Services
- Tay-Jann Mark-RN, Workplace Health Field Services Coordinator
- Dr. Reka Gustafson-Medical Health Officer & Medical Director of VCH CDC
This forum will also be webcast and recorded for viewing at a later date.