Introducing Kelty’s Key: VCH Online Therapy for Depression
MHSUOS has introduced a new therapy treatment option for depression: online therapy.
Online therapy gives you access to cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) without needing to schedule appointments or spend time in transport. You’ll have the flexibility to write to your therapist when the time is right for you, even if it’s the middle of the night.
Who can do online therapy?
Online therapy is currently offered to residents of Vancouver who suffer from depression.
Online therapy might be right for you if you:
- Have access to a computer, tablet or smartphone with internet
- Are comfortable using email
- Are comfortable reading and writing in English
- Don’t have significant use of drugs or alcohol
- Are open to joining an 8-week therapy program for depression
How does online therapy work?
After an orientation by telephone, you will connect with your online therapist weekly by encrypted email. Your therapist will guide you, offer support and assign you online lessons through Kelty’s Key (www.keltyskey.com).
How can I join?
You can refer yourself to online therapy by calling the Access and Assessment Centre at 604-675-3700.