The My VCH intranet: 10 reasons to get excited
Through the My VCH survey, you asked for more opportunities to share ideas, recognize each other, and learn together. In April, the Communications and Public Affairs team—in partnership with IMITS, Employee Engagement and the Transformation Office—will be soft launching phase one of the My VCH intranet, a place where we can create those opportunities online.
What will be part of phase one?
We’ll be starting with the most searched-for, high traffic content: employee information and news. VCH Connect will not disappear right away as we know it will take time to reach out to all departments to find out what information is still relevant, who will maintain it, train them to use the new intranet, and move the content over.
10 reasons to get excited
Here are 10 features of the My VCH intranet that we hope will get you excited:
10. Access from anywhere (in Canada): You’ll be able to access the intranet from any computer with internet. At work you’ll connect seamlessly. But if you’re off-site or at home, you’ll also be able to connect using your network login (just like webmail).
9. A modern, accessible layout and design: You’ll have a better experience navigating the new intranet as our guiding principles focus on what’s important to you, in a visually appealing way.
8. Share ideas in a discussion forum: You’ll be able to start a discussion with your VCH colleagues across the region. Some of you have already shared ideas for what you want to talk about, including discussions for new employees, technology tips & tricks, a social corner and more.
7. Portal to other websites: It will be your jumping-off point to access other sites necessary for your work, including the IMITS service centre, LearningHub, teamsites, and the newly developed SHOP website for policies, clinical resources and decision support tools such as guidelines, protocols and procedures.
6. Enhanced search function: Finding what you’re looking for = less frustration.
5. More photos and videos: With VCH News moving to the intranet, it will be full of visual stories celebrating the great work and people at VCH.
4. An events calendar: You’ll be able to browse events happening across VCH and connect with each other offline in the real world.
3. Comment and “like” content: You’ll be able to comment on and like news stories and discussion forum posts.
2. Filter news by location or topic: You’ll be able to filter stories by community of care and by topic, so you can read the stories relevant and interesting to you.
1. The high-five section. You’ll be able to give kudos to your colleagues for the amazing work they’re doing every day to support or provide care for our patients, clients, and residents.
What do you want to discuss?
Use the comment section below to tell us which topics you’d like to discuss on the new intranet!