[VIDEO] Innovation Fair a crowdpleaser
VCH technophiles (and a few admitted technophobes) got their geek on at Vancouver’s Innovation Fair on February 28.
As a follow-up to Innovations in Health Care — Vancouver’s first All-Staff Forum of 2018 — the fair featured live demos and interactive displays of the latest and greatest innovations in use or coming soon to Vancouver.
Inspiring, informative and a whole lot of fun, Vancouver’s Innovation Fair sparked new ideas destined to be the innovations of tomorrow. Watch the video below to catch the action and spark ideas of your own:
Special thanks to our exhibitors
The Innovation Fair was made possible by the generous contributions of time and effort by our VCH exhibitors. Our special thanks to them for sharing their work and learnings with Vancouver staff and physicians.
- Ian Denison, equipment specialist, GF Strong Rehab Centre: robotic exoskeletons
- Kendall Ho, VGH emergency physician and team: Tech4Home
- Yona Gellert, Vancouver Community technology and innovation advisor and team: Kelty’s Key
- Tyler Smith, hematopathologist, Dr. Jacqueline Trudeau, anesthesiologist, & VGH Hematology Lab Team: ROTEM
- Jake Adrian & Aboriginal Health Team: app of Aboriginal Cultural Practices Guide
- Lillian Hung, VGH clinical nurse specialist and team: Social robots & gamification in dementia training for caregivers
- Janice Fyfe, project manager, Mental Health & Substance Use, and team: virtual care planning with Skype for Business
- Conrad Cone & Clinical Education’s Learning Technologies Team: virtual and augmented reality technology for simulation training
- Maile Conwi & VCH Corporate Communications: My VCH intranet
For more on the exhibits, follows the links above or refer here.